How to determine if artificial turf needs maintenance
Many people think that the maintenance demand of artificial turf field is not so high compared with natural grass. In fact, this is an incomplete statement. In fact, artificial turf field still needs proper maintenance to ensure its performance. If it lacks maintenance, it will aggravate product wear and tear. Situation, shortened life, etc. So how do you judge whether artificial turf needs maintenance? We give you some artificial turf maintenance methods provided by FIFA.
1. Site monitoring: site monitoring is done once a day;
2. Garbage cleaning: Clean up the garbage in the site every day (paper scraps, leaves, plastic bags, etc.)
3. Surface looseness: The surface looseness of a site is maintained according to the frequency of exercise. If the amount of exercise is less than 40 hours per week, check once every six months. If the amount of exercise is greater than 40 hours per week, check the surface looseness once a quarter.
4. Seam inspection: This is the same as the loose surface, and the maintenance is performed according to the frequency of the movement. Usually, the joint inspection is performed once every two weeks.
5. Weeds and moss management: The artificial turf ground is basically cement and asphalt. If it is normally maintained, weeds and moss are relatively few, so it can be done once a year.
6. Filled particles in high-wear areas: artificial turf is generally filled with quartz sand and rubber particles, especially in football fields. If the frequency of use is high, it is easy to cause pits and squats. Generally, if the amount of exercise is less than 40 hours a week, fill the particles once a week. Yes, if it is more than 40 hours, it will be filled twice a week.
7. Frequent use of regional level brushing: less than 20 hours a week, the amount of exercise is combed once a month, less than 40 hours a week.
8. Use the artificial turf rotating brush to clean the entire site: one less than 20 hours a week, the amount of exercise is half a year, and the amount of exercise is more than 40 hours a month.
9. High-wear area is combed with a rotating brush: less than 20 hours a week, the amount of exercise is combed once a quarter, and more than 40 hours of exercise is half a month.
Daily maintenance of artificial turf can improve the appearance of the site, reduce the chance of sports injury and extend the service life of the site.
Edited by Golden Moon artificial grass manufacturer